Monday 30 October 2006

[Interview] Smoking Sessions with Styles P

Holiday talks more Time Is Money with TSS & about his come up in the game & upcoming mixtapes. Heres a few choice excerpts:

TSS: You’ve been in the game a good decade. How long
have you been doing this rap thing?


STYLES P: Oh, you ain’t just talking about industry-wise? You mean when I had “it“?

TSS: Yeah. At what point did you know you were really nice?

STYLES P: I would say around 7th grade, probably.

TSS: For real, that early? And this is coming up in Yonkers, right?

STYLES P: Yonkers is a town with a lot of MCs. So, it was like everybody was rapping, you know what I mean? And if your name was popping and good enough to be out there you had to
have something, because it was so many people. Before I was in the group, it was just
Kiss and Sheek rapping. I was on the other side of town. So, it was them, you had DMX, you had me, then you had a bunch of other Yonkers people. A good 20 to 25 MCs. The older people used to fuck with me and always ask me to rhyme and give me a couple of dollars to rhyme or do whatever. So I knew I had something.

Read the full interview Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment