Monday 24 March 2008

[Video] Sheek talks with MTV’s Mixtape Monday

[Video] Sheek talks with MTV’s Mixtape Monday


I hope you all had a enjoyable easter weekend!



Heres Sheek talking with MTV’s Mixtape Monday about the success of his smash single "Good Love", the upcoming star studded remix & how the D-Block/Dipset joint came together. Make sure you go out pick up "Silverback Gorilla".



..

..MTV..Music Videos..MTV Shows..Entertainment News


"Fresh off the plane, into the Bent!" Is it safe to say that "Good Love" is probably going to be the biggest solo record Sheek Louch has ever done? We think so.

"It’s different," he told us with a grin. "I’m doing what I do. I’m boppin’ and it’s a feel-good record. It’s dope, man. Betty Wright [who is sampled on the song] is the truth. [Fans] from the midlife and on is gonna be like, ’Wow.’ The young boys is gonna be like, ’He’s killin’ it because of what he’s saying and how he’s stopping, and the beat is pausing.’ I’m not afraid to do that because [the people] know what we do in the streets already.

"I get the chicks. I get the chicks," he added. "I’m not saying [Jadakiss] and [Styles P.] don’t, but I get some chicks. They on me, baby. Get off me, ladies! So I tried it and said, ’Let me see what’s poppin’.’ It worked. This ’Good Love’ record, I’ve been getting calls everywhere saying this record is crazy from my thugs to the ladies. It’s feeling great. From here to the U.K., they spinning it crazy."

Sheek’s Silverback Gorilla was released last week, and he’s already in the middle of putting together a star-studded remix to "Good Love" with some platinum artists. Elsewhere on the album, he brought his D-Block faction together with the Diplomats for the first time on "D-Block/Dipset."

"Styles brought [Jim Jones] in here in the studio and said, ’Listen to this.’ At the time — this is how far back it goes — he brought him in to do the ’Kiss Your Ass Goodbye’ remix, and he happened to get on this. He said, ’This is gonna be nuts.’ That’s how it happened. I had the hook I had already laid out. That’s how it went down. We sat on it, and he brought one of his new guys in, which is Hell Rell. Kiss said, ’I’m getting on this.’ "

If you ever are lucky enough to visit Mixtape Monday’s secret hideout (we’re actually located three blocks down from the Legion of Doom lair and two miles north of Parts Unknown), you’ll hear us banging Silverback’s "Don’t Be Them." ...

No comments:

Post a Comment